Friday, December 17, 2010

And so it begins...L2A^3

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog, L2A^3, short for Learn 2 Aliens And Angels. Here you will find strategy articles, battle reports (batreps) and painting, modeling and conversion posts. I will do my best to keep this updated as things progress with my armies and my tactical strategies!

About me:
I just recently started playing Warhammer 40k about half a year ago and have quickly progressing to the more competitive scene. I'm aiming to enter a tournament (Ard Boys) over this coming summer here at my LGS. As the title of my blog hints the two armies I play are Tyranid and Blood Angels. My starting army was Blood Angels and I just recently picked up Tyranids about 2 months ago.

Before I go more into what I play let me tell you I'm like a sponge. Not like Spongebob Squarepants but like a sponge for soaking up water. I absorb information and seek it like a sponge would if it had a brain! There are many blogs and forums I wade through to pick out various tactics to best defeat my opponent with. Most of what I look for are in a competitive sense, not to say I'm the most competitive person there is out there but that is what I strive for the most.

I'm fairly knowledgeable on the two most common play styles of Blood Angels; Mech and Descent of Angels. (DoA) Playing Mech BA from when I started up so I am more comfortable giving advice and helping build lists with that genre but I also haven't lost a match yet with my Descent of Angels lists.

If my Tyranid knowledge was ranked based on units in the Tyranid Codex I would probably be a Gargoyle. Fast in that I'm learning to quickly play Tyranids in a much more competitive way instead of like a complete noob but I am still too weak to consider myself of any major help for advanced tactics. However, I am definitely understanding the basics and the most known tactics so if your a new and upcoming Termagant I'd be glad to help you and you may find some of my advice of use. I've helped quite a few new players with Tyranids on some of the forums I frequent already and I'm hoping to do the same here.

Oh wow...love that preview button for posting blogs...this is getting pretty long. (I had a painting update on this post originally.) Let's move that to another post. Yay for editing!

Thanks for the visit and hope you find this blog helpful!

Syypher

No comments:

Post a Comment